Barranquilla, Atlantico, Colombia
My name is Charlie Cordero, I am a documentary photographer of 27 years based in Colombia, with studies of Photojournalism (University of Girona) in Girona, Spain and Master in Editorial Photography and Photojournalism of the school of Arts TAI (Rey Juan Carlos University) in Madrid, Spain. The recurrent themes in my work are: human rights, gender ideology, memory and reconciliation, conflicts and land use.
• Winner second place POY LATAM 2017 category migrations and trafficking in persons.
• National Journalism Prize Winner Semana-Argos, category best photo report (2016) – Colombia
• National Journalism Prize Winner Rodrigo Lara Laborde, Universidad Sergio Arboleda Category Multimedia (2016) - Colombia
• Winner of the contest and exhibitor in Human World “La Tribu” en el festival de PHOTOALICANTE (2016) - Alicante, Spain.
• Winner of the Contest “Madrid Insospechado, escenas latinoamericanas en Madrid”. PHOTOESPAÑA (2015) - Madrid, Spain.
• Winner and participant of the exhibition Madrid 24H, In the Gallery Centro Centro Cibeles. PHOTOESPAÑA (2015) - Madrid, Spain.
• Finalist and participant of the collective exhibition "Sin Fronteras" Alianza Francesa Madrid (En el marco de PHE 2015) – Madrid, España.
• Finalist and participant of the collective exhibition in Festival Internacional de la Imagen FNI (2015) - Pachuca, México.
Some of my works have been published in newspapers and magazines New York Times, EL PAIS, Vanity Fair, Courrier International, National Geographic, The Guardian, NZZ, The Sun, FIFA1904, El Tiempo, El Espectador among others while developing personal projects. Currently works as a professor in the program of Social Communication and Journalism at the Universidad del Norte, Universidad Autonoma del caribe and The Universidad Sergio Arboelda in Barranquilla, Colombia.
- Breaking news