African Photojournalism Database
Cairo, Cairo Governorate, Egypt
Hadeer Mahmoud is an Egyptian news and documentary photographer.
She graduated in 2012 from Ain Shams University, where she studies Law. Joining "El- Tahrir" newspaper (a local Egyptian newspaper) in June 2011 was her first step into photojournalism. She covered many important stories regarding the Egyptian revolution; strikes, protests and clashes. In March 2012 Hadeer joined "Al-Watan" Newspaper where she works so far.
-Hadeer practiced photojournalism and had great experience from many international scholarships:
- In 2018, she was nominated for the Joop Swart Masterclass organized by World Press Photo.
- In 2018, she was chosen by New York Times Portfolio Review.
- In 2016, she published a photo book about Metro with Photopia. Cairo (An Egyptian Photo organization).
- In 2016, she had a fund held by Arab Fund for Arts and Culture” on their program “Arab Documentary Photography Program” in partnership with the Magnum Foundation and the Prince Claus Fund in Lebanon.
- 2015, She became a member in “Everyday Egypt” Photo Project.
- In 2013, Hadeer had a chance to join a workshop held by CIC (Contemporary Image Collective) under the name of "The Reportage Project" which was cooperation with Pathshala South Asia Media Institute, and the Oslo and Akershus University.
- Video capture