José Bautista is a Visual Musician, Sound Designer, Video Artist and Multimedia Editor. He’s also the founder of KanseiSounds and co-founder of Altamar Films.
In recent years he has specialized, through KanseiSounds, in the production of audiovisual projects, editing and postproducing multimedias and creating also music and sound design for each work. He has worked with photographers around the world including award winning artists like Gueorgui Pinkhassov and Carl de Keyzer ( MAGNUM), Todd Hido, Ricardo Cases, Pep Bonet, Toshihiro Oshima, Stanley Greene, Franesco Zizola, Guillaume Herbaut, Shen Wei, Yuri Kozyrev, and others. He also works with agencies such NOOR, Contacto, Eyes in Progress, MSF, VII, Russian Reporter Magazine, RIA Novosti, United Nations Population Fund (UNFPA). His audiovisual work has been published in TIME Magazine (USA), Le Monde (France), El Mundo (Spain), Rolling Stone Magazine (USA), and many specialized sites.
– Prix Bayeux Calvados 2014: First prize for “Grozny: 9 cities”. With Verso Images & Chewbahat. Music, Sound Design, Multimedia installation editor. 2014.
- World Press Photo Multimedia Award: Third Prize for “Calcio Storico”, Multimedia Editor, Music Sound and Postproduction. 2014.
- World Press Photo Multimedia Award: First Prize for “Into the Shadows”, Music, Sound Design, Multimedia Editor and Postproduction. 2013.
- Lens Culture Multimedia Award: First Prize for “Grozny, 9 cities”. 2011. Music, Sound and Multimedia production.
- Visa Pour l’image: First Prize Webdocumentary “La Zone”, Music and Sound. 2011.
- France 24-RFI: First Prize for “La Zone” web documentary. Music and Sound. 2011.
- Mut Documentary Shortfilms Festival: Jury price for “Haiti, the earth that died screaming” Music & Audiovisual Production. 2011.
- PhotoEspaña: Special mention for “Paloma al aire” Music & Audiovisual Production. 2010.
- Audio capture
- Audio editing
- Video editing