Vigo, Pontevedra, España
Miguel Riopa was born in Spain in 1967.
He studied Photography at the School of Arts, in Santiago de Compostela (Spain).
Since 1989 worked at the spanish newspapers Xornal Diario, Diario 16, La Voz de
Galicia, Diario de Pontevedra and El Mundo, and for the news agencies EFE (1995-
2001), Associated Press (2001-2002)
Currently working as stringer for Agence France - Presse, covering news and sports
in Spain and Portugal.
- 2004: Luis Ksado Photography Award, 1st prize.
- 2008: World Press Photo, Sports Features, 2nd prize.
- 2010: Galicia en Foco Award (Spain), 1st prize.
- 2012: Estaçao Imagem-Mora Photojournalism Awards (Portugal), Arts, 3rd prize.
- 2013: Nikon Photo Contest (Spain), Photojournalism, 1st prize.
2013 - Nikon Photo Contest (Spain), 2012 - Estaçao Imagem-Mora Photojournalism Awards (PT), 2010 - Galicia en Foco Award (Spain), 2008 - World Press Photo, 2004 - Luis Ksado Photography Award
- Breaking news