Noi Satirat Damampai
Hat Yai Songkhla Thailand
Born in 1982 in Hadyai, southern Thailand, where she is currently based and work on her projects. Noi held a Bachelor degree in Economics from Thammasat University in Bangkok but started pursuing her professional career as a journalist and photographer for various English-language publications in Southeast Asia since 2005.
During the past years, Noi's works have been crafted on an expression of emotions; either her own feeling in personal works or lives of the others in feature documentary style. All with passion to tell the stories with photography and creative writing,
and most importantly experiment it through and beyond with broader genres.
- Mae Ying, handmade photo book no.1, coptic stitch binding, hardcover, one-off edition with 30 copies, self published. 2013.
- Newsprint Award 2014, winner.
- Sony World Photography Awards 2013, campaign category shortlist, professional competition.
- Fotopub Thursday Award 2012, multimedia shortlist.
- Photo Phnom Penh 2013, exhibition catalogue.
- Moleskine Photo Book, campaign category of 2013 Sony World Photography Awards, published by Moleskine. 2013.
- Sony World Photography Awards 2013, exhibition catalogue.
- 1000 Artists 100 Nations 10 Days, World Event Young Artists 2012, exhibition catalogue.
- The War Within, Asian Women Photographers' Showcase 2014, Obscura Festival, Penang, Malaysia. August 2014.
- Mae Ying, Photo Phnom Penh 2013, The Royal University of Phnom Penh, Cambodia. December 2013.
- I'M GAY, Campaign Category Shortlist, Professional Competition, 2013 Sony World Photography Awards, Somerset House London, The United Kingdom. 26th April - 12th May, 2013.
- Mae Ying, THE REMINDERS PROJECT for World Event Young Artists, the Wallner Gallery, Lakeside Arts Centre, Nottingham, The United Kingdom. 7-16 September 2012.