Visual Storyteller, Producer/Commissioner of Photography & Video, Senior Picture Editor, Copyright and DAM expert currently working at the Royal Society of Chemistry in Cambridge, UK.
With over 20 years experience in the photo industry both behind the lens and the picture desk and more latterly commissioning and producing video as well as photography where they sit more closely together in a digital world. Most recently working for a globally recognised organisation in Switzerland, the sense of wonder I get from commissioning imagery that moves or tells a viewer something new and the sense of pride I get from seeing it published and making a difference is still what motivates and inspires me.
With a proven track record of achievement and innovation, that experience and drive has endowed me with a well rounded set of competencies that I can bring to my work.
• Licensing, commissioning & producing photography and video
• Great picture/footage research and image selection skills
• A sound knowledge of copyright law
• Rights negotiation and creation of copyright sound contracts
• Technical aspects of image processing, metadata, management, and distribution
• Specification of requirements for digital asset management systems
• Alliance and partnership building
• Training and mentoring colleagues and subordinates in image use,
image management best practice, and rights issues
• A good standing within the photo and video community and great industry contacts
Commissioning/Producing photography and video, Project management on image management and DAM systems, Copyright and intellectual property law, Rights clearance and rights negotiation, Photoshop, Photo editing, Picture editing, Licensing photography, Partnership building, Feature story editing, Brand strategy for use of imagery, Storytelling, Image management, Image classification and metadata, colourspace, video, and of course Photography.