Mark Winfield Wetherbee
Raritan, NJ 08869, USA
"No person is beneath dignity. No idea is above criticism."
Swift and consistent Lightroom processing experience as well as a soft touch on DaVinci Resolve. 24-hour turn around on projects; faster when needed.
Camera and Lenses:
- Nikon D800 FX (body) with two rainsleeves
- Sigma 18-35mm D 1:3.5-4.5 auto
- Nikkor 28-85mm 1:3.5-4.5 auto with macro
- Nikkor 35-135mm 1:3.5-4.5 manual with macro
- Nikkor 200mm prime 1:4
- Sigma 70-300mm 1:4-5.6 DG
- Rode shotgun mic for audio
- 2x Yongnuo YN560-III speedlights
- 1 Neewer speedlight
- White balance grey neutral, black, and white cards
- Bulk battery charging deck on AC or DC
VIDEO: Canon 70D with Rode shotgun mic, external carrying rig.
Laptop: Lenovo Y700
o AMD FX-8800P Radeon R7, 12 Compute Cores 4C + 8G, 2.10 GHz
o 8.00GB installed dedicated RAM
- Photoshop CC and Lightroom CC
- External 3.0 hard drive
- Tether shooting cable
- Multiple memory cards
My photojournalism maxims:
1. Empty your cup: Excise ego, prejudices, and expectations to see the whole story.
2. Look for patterns: Seek connections, consequences, and historical antecedents.
3. Be a field ghost: The behavior of people changes under observation.
4. Prove me wrong: Be receptive to good criticism based on intent and objective.
5. Be authentic: The worst told truth is better than the best told lie.
6. Resist staging: Get ahead of a moment to catch it, not behind it to push it.
7. Two is one; one is none: Use materials unorthodoxly to encourage creativity.
8. Scale and scope: Every one thing is measured in terms of some other thing.
9. All for one; one for all: Support the crew but be steadfast when alone.
But most of all, remember that it’s not the hardware—it’s how hard you wear, so:
10. There is no "camera."
Portfolio at: www.winfield.photography
- Breaking news
- Still life