Raritan, NJ 08869, USA
"No person is beneath dignity. No idea is above criticism."
How I like to shoot photojournalism:
1. Empty your cup: Excise ego, prejudices, and expectations to see the whole story.
2. Look for patterns: Seek connections, consequences, and historical antecedents.
3. Be a field ghost: The behavior of people changes under observation.
4. Prove me wrong: Be receptive to good criticism based on intent and objective.
5. Be authentic: The worst told truth is better than the best told lie.
6. Resist staging: Get ahead of a moment to catch it, not behind it to push it.
7. Two is one; one is none: Care for your hardware, have a backup, and know two uses.
8. Scale and scope: Context is a unit of measurement against which we judge all stories.
9. Shoot everything: Learn to operate cross-discipline, cross-hardware.
10. All for one; one for all: Support your crew, honor the craft, but be strong when alone.
Looking for full-time work.
I am skilled in Photoshop, Lightroom, and Premiere--and additionally capable with the full Adobe CC suite.
**I am neurodiverse and experience the world through being on the very high-functioning end of the autism spectrum (an "Aspie" and you probably wouldn't even know at first). I have a powerful mind with a strong work ethic alongside an ability to take initiative in the absence of clear direction. I can provide the best value work with just a little understanding about my sensory and social processing sensitivities. We should seek understanding and compassion for all kinds of people and diversity in everyday life.**
- Breaking news
- Still life