Raritan, NJ 08869, USA
"No person is beneath dignity. No idea is above criticism."
I am a 5-year freelance candid photographer with swift and consistent Lightroom processing experience. I generally get my photojournalism event galleries turned around within 24 hours. Primarily, I freelance for hyper-local community news outlets both for print optimized photos and digital.
Beyond that, I spend much of my time in Photoshop for fine detail work, and I am comfortable with the full Adobe Creative Cloud.
Portfolio at: www.winfield.photography/portfolio
My photojournalism maxims:
1. Empty your cup: Excise ego, prejudices, and expectations to see the whole story.
2. Look for patterns: Seek connections, consequences, and historical antecedents.
3. Be a field ghost: The behavior of people changes under observation.
4. Prove me wrong: Be receptive to good criticism based on intent and objective.
5. Be authentic: The worst told truth is better than the best told lie.
6. Resist staging: Get ahead of a moment to catch it, not behind it to push it.
7. Two is one; one is none: Use materials unorthodoxly to encourage creativity.
8. Scale and scope: Everything is measured in terms of something; it's all relative.
9. All for one; one for all: The craft will outlive you—honor that.
10. There is no camera: Hardware is a means for a method; you are the camera.
I am skilled in Photoshop, Lightroom, and Premiere--and additionally capable with the full Adobe CC suite.
**I am neuro-divergent and experience the world through being on the very high-functioning end of the autism spectrum. I'm highly empathetic (lack of empathy is a myth), just a heads-up for communication transparency.**
- Breaking news
- Still life