1 - What we do
- (a) Blink Media Inc. (“Blink”, “we,” “us,” “our”) is the owner of the Blink mobile applications and the http://www.blink.la website (collectively, the Platform). Blink connects the world’s greatest storytellers and producers with Companies who need vibrant, original and high quality content (the Service).
2 - Privacy statement – our commitment to you
- 2.1 Blink is a location-based service. To enable us to provide each User (“you”) with our Service, we need to collect certain information from and about you, including your location.
- 2.2 We understand that at times information about your whereabouts can be highly sensitive. This is why we offer you total control over where you set your location. Nonetheless, we ask to any Blink members travelling incognito or in hazardous regions to disable the real-time location tracking feature of our mobile applications and ensure that their location is set elsewhere. For guidance on safe travelling, Blink suggests checking the US Department of State travel advisories website available at http://travel.state.gov/content/passports/english/alertswarnings.html, and the news alerts of the Community to Protect Journalists available at http://www.cpj.org as a starting point. At all times, please use your best judgment.
- 2.3 Keeping customer information private and confidential is the foremost priority for us. We therefore limit personal data collection to the minimum required to provide the Service. All personal information is maintained as confidential. Blink uses Transport Layer Security – read more about it at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transport_Layer_Security – to encrypt the connection between our servers and our website and mobile applications.
3 - Purpose of our policy
- (a) Providing the system and services that we offer; and
- (b) The normal day-to-day operations of our business.
4 - The information we collect
- 4.1 In the course of business it is necessary for us to collect Personal Information. This information allows us to identify who an individual is for the purposes of our business, contact the individual in the ordinary course of business and transact with the individual. We require this information in order to verify the identity of our Users, to protect our customers, and to ensure the integrity of the Service. Knowing where and who Blink members are allows them to contact one another and contract for services.
- 4.2 Some parts of the Platform are public and you may visit these anonymously. We will collect personal identification information from you only if you voluntarily submit such information to us. You can always refuse to supply personally identification information, except that it may prevent you from engaging in certain Site related activities or accessing parts of the Platform.
- 4.3 Without limitation, the type of information we may collect is:
- (a) Personal Information. We may collect personal details such as an individual’s name, location, date of birth, nationality, family details and other information defined as “Personal Information” that allows us to identify who the individual is. We may utilize this information in order to adapt our Service to your needs or to develop new tools for the community;
- (b) Contact Information. We may collect information such as an individual’s email address, telephone and fax number, and other information that allows us to contact the individual;
- (c) Financial Information. We may collect financial information related to an individual such as any bank or credit card details used to transact with us and other information that allows us to transact with the individual and/or provide them with our services;
- (d) Social Media Information. We may collect twitter, Facebook or other social media Usernames if you connect to these social networks through the Service;
- (e) Location Information. We use proprietary technologies to determine your location when you use the Service. We may use the location information we receive to customize your experience of the Service. However, you control what location information is publicized to the network. Users should note that comments and other Content they post on their profile may allow others to infer their location at times.
- (f) Professional Information. We may collect information about where you currently work, or have previously worked, as well as other information about those businesses.
- (g) Statistical Information. We may collect information about an individual’s online and offline preferences, habits, movements, trends, decisions, associations, memberships, finances, purchases and other information for statistical purposes;
- 4.4 Children
- (a) This Site is not designed nor intended for use by children under the age of 18 ("Minors"). We do not knowingly collect information from Minors. If you are under the age of 18, you are not authorized to use this site so please do not submit any information to us.
5 - How information is collected
- 5.1 Most information will be collected in association with an individual’s use of Blink, an enquiry about Blink or generally dealing with us. However we may also receive Personal Information from sources such as advertising, an individual’s own promotions, public records, mailing lists, contractors, staff, recruitment agencies and our business partners. In particular, information is likely to be collected as follows:
- (a) Registrations/Subscriptions. When an individual registers or subscribes for a service, list, account, connection or other process whereby they enter Personal Information details in order to receive or access something, including a transaction;
- (b) Accounts. When an individual submits their details to open an account;
- (c) Supply. When an individual supplies us with goods or services;
- (d) Contact. When an individual contacts us in any way;
- (e) Voluntary Location Tracking. When you turn on Blink’s real-time location tracking service, Blink will show your real-time location at a level of detail chosen by you. This data is visible to all Users of Blink.
- (f) Access. When an individual accesses our offices we may require them to provide us with details for us to permit them such access.
- (g) Cookies. Blink may use "cookies" to enhance User experience. Your web browser places cookies on their hard drive for record-keeping purposes and sometimes to track information about them.
- (a) We automatically collect certain types of usage information when you visit our website or use our Service. When you visit the website, we may send one or more cookies - a small text file containing a string of alphanumeric characters - to your computer that uniquely identifies your browser and lets us help you log in faster and enhance your navigation through the site. A cookie may also convey information to us about how you use the Service (e.g., the pages you view, the links you click, how frequently you access the Service, and other actions you take on the Service), and allow us to track your usage of the Service over time. We may collect log file information from your browser or mobile device each time you access the Service. Log file information may include information such as your web request, Internet Protocol ("IP") address, browser type, information about your mobile device, referring / exit pages and URLs, number of clicks and how you interact with links on the Service, domain names, landing pages, pages viewed, and other such information. We may employ clear gifs (also known as web beacons) which are used to track the online usage patterns of our Users. In addition, we may also use clear gifs in HTML-based emails sent to our Users to track which emails are opened and which links are clicked by recipients. The information allows for more accurate reporting and improvement of the Service. We may also collect analytics data, or use third-party analytics tools, to help us measure traffic and usage trends for the Service. These tools collect information sent by your browser or mobile device, including the pages you visit, your use of third party applications, and other information that assists us in analyzing and improving the Service.
- (b) When you access our Service by or through a mobile device, we may receive or collect and store a unique identification numbers associated with your device ("Device ID"), mobile carrier, device type and manufacturer, phone number, and, depending on your mobile device settings, your geographical location data, including GPS coordinates (e.g. latitude and/or longitude) or similar information regarding the location of your mobile device.
- (c) We use or may use the data collected through cookies, log file, device identifiers, location data and clear gifs information to: (i) remember information so that you will not have to re-enter it during your visit or the next time you visit the site; (ii) provide custom, personalized content and information, including advertising; (iii) provide and monitor the effectiveness of our Service; (iv) monitor aggregate metrics such as total number of visitors, traffic, usage, and demographic patterns on our website and our Service; (v) diagnose or fix technology problems; and (vi) otherwise to plan for and enhance our service.
- (d) Please refer to your browser's or mobile device's technical information for instructions on how to delete and disable cookies, and other tracking/recording tools. To learn more about cookies, clear gifs/web beacons and related technologies, you may wish to visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org and/or the Network Advertising Initiative's online resources, at http://www.networkadvertising.org. Depending on your mobile device, you may not be able to control tracking technologies through settings.
- 5.3 As there are many circumstances in which we may collect information both electronically and physically, we will endeavour to ensure that an individual is always aware of when their Personal Information is being collected.
6 - The safety & security of personal information
- 6.1 Blink cares about the security of your information and uses appropriate organizational and technological safeguards to preserve the integrity and security of all information we collect and that we share with our service providers. However, no security system is impenetrable and we cannot guarantee the security of our systems.
- 6.2 Physical Facilities. We will take all reasonable precautions to protect an individual’s Personal Information from unauthorised access. We adopt appropriate data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures to protect against unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure or destruction of your personal information, Username, password, transaction information and data stored on Blink. This includes appropriately securing our physical facilities and electronic networks.
- 6.3 Encrypted Data. All personal data exchange between Blink and its Users happens over HTTPS protocol and it is encrypted using Transport Layer Security – read more about it at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transport_Layer_Security. Afterwards the collected data is stored on our servers located at Google https://cloud.google.com data centers. Google employs innovative network architecture and is committed to using advanced hardware technologies to minimize data centers and server exposure to outside threats.
- 6.5 Internet Security. The security of online transactions and the security of communications sent by electronic means or by post cannot be guaranteed. Each individual that provides information to us via the internet or by post does so at their own risk. We do not accept responsibility for misuse or loss of, or unauthorised access to, Personal Information where the security of information is not within our control.
7 - When personal information is used & disclosed
- 7.1 Purpose. We will not use any Personal Information other than for the purpose for which it was collected without the individual’s permission. The purpose of collection is determined by the circumstances in which the information was collected and/or submitted.
- 7.3 Non-Disclosure. We will not disclose or sell an individual’s Personal Information to unrelated third parties under any circumstances. We do not sell, trade, or rent Users personal identification information to others.
- 7.4 Business Operations. Information is used to enable us to operate our business, especially as it relates to an individual. This may include:
- (a) The provision of goods and services between an individual and us;
- (b) Verifying an individual’s identity;
- (c) Communicating with an individual about:
- i Their relationship with us;
- ii Our goods and services;
- iii Our own marketing and promotions to customers and prospects;
- iv Competitions, surveys and questionnaires;
- (d) Improve Customer Service. Information you provide helps us respond to your customer service requests and support needs more efficiently.
- (e) Personalize Your Experience. We may use information in the aggregate to understand how our Users as a group use the services and resources provided on Blink.
- (f) Site Improvement. We may use feedback you provide to improve our products and services.
- (g) Payments. We may use the information Users provide about themselves when placing an order only to provide service to that order. We do not share this information with outside parties except to the extent necessary to provide the service.
- (h) Emails. We may use the email address to send you information and updates pertaining to their order. It may also be used to respond to inquiries, questions, and/or other requests. If you decide to opt-in to our mailing list, you will receive emails that may include company news, updates, related product or service information, etc. If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, you may do so by contacting us via Blink.
- 7.5 Sharing information with third parties
We may share your personal information in the instances described below in accordance with this Policy. For further information on your choices regarding your information, see the "Your Choices Regarding Your Information" section below.
- (a) Corporate affiliates. We may share your personal information with other companies owned by or under common ownership as Blink. We share infrastructure, systems and technology and they may use the information we share with them to help operate, provide, improve, understand, customize, support, and market our services and their offerings. This includes helping improve infrastructure and delivery systems, understanding how our Services or theirs are used, securing systems, and fighting spam, abuse, or infringement activities.
- (b) Third party vendors, consultants, business partners and other service providers. We engage third party companies or individuals to perform services on our behalf or in order to carry out their work for us, which may include content or service fulfillment, customer support, billing, or providing analytics services.
- (c) Third parties at your request. For example, information contained in your Blink Profile may be viewable to others on the Blink Platform, subject to your settings, and you may have the option to link your information on our Service with others via email or social media.
- (d) Business re-organization. If we sell all or part of our business, make a sale or transfer of assets or shares, or partake in a reorganization, financing, change of control or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by another company or third party or in the event of bankruptcy or related or similar proceedings, we may disclose and transfer your personal information to one or more third parties as part of that transaction.
- (e) Legal and safety reasons. We may process your personal information in order to (i) comply with any applicable law, regulation, subpoena/court order, legal process or other government request, (ii) enforce our Terms and Conditions, including the investigation of potential violations thereof, (iii) investigate and defend ourselves against any third party claims or allegations, (iv) protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of Blink, Users or the public as required or permitted by law, and (v) detect, prevent or otherwise address criminal, security or technical issues.
- (f) Aggregated information. We may also share information with others in an aggregated and depersonalized form that is no longer associated with and can no longer be linked to an identified or identifiable user or individual.
- 7.6 Your choices regarding your information
You have choices regarding what and how your personal information is shared and used:
- (a) Marketing communications. If you do not wish to receive promotional emails, you can click the "unsubscribe" button on promotional email communications. Note that you are not permitted to unsubscribe or opt-out of non-promotional messages regarding your account, such as account verification, changes or updates to features of the Service, or technical and security notices.
- 7.7 Your rights (for EU users only)
- (a) If your personal data is comprised in Blink Data and you are based in the European Economic Area, then you have rights to access and port this information, along with rights to rectify, erase, restrict and object to Blink processing your personal data including as set out above in "When personal information is used & disclosed". Please use the contact details set out below to contact us should you wish to exercise these rights. Without prejudice to any other rights you may have, if you are based in the EU you also have the right to file a complaint against Blink with your local supervisory authority.
- 7.8 Data retention
- (a) We will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you the Services. We will retain your personal data comprised in Blink Data for as long as is necessary for the purposes set out in this Notice or as needed for us to provide the Service or to perform our contract with you. We will retain and use your personal data to the extent necessary to comply with our legal obligations, to resolve disputes and to enforce our agreements.
- 7.9 Data transfer
- (a) We are a global service and information collected through the Service may be stored and processed in the United States or any other country in which Blink or its subsidiaries, affiliates or service providers maintain facilities. If you are located in the European Economic Area or other regions with laws governing data collection and use that may differ from U.S. law, please note that we may transfer information, including personal information, to a country and jurisdiction that does not have the same data protection laws as your jurisdiction. These data transfers are necessary to provide the Service.
8 - How to access and/or update information
- 8.1 All the information we hold about a User is available in the User’s account and settings page and Edit Profile page. The User can modify their information there.
- 8.2 If for any reason an individual cannot update his or her own information, we will correct any errors in the Personal Information we hold about an individual within 30 business days of receiving notice from them about those errors.
- 8.3 It is an individual’s responsibility to provide us with accurate and truthful Personal Information. We cannot be liable for any information that is provided to us that is incorrect.
9 - Complaints and disputes
- 9.1 If an individual has a complaint about our handling of their Personal Information, they should address their complaint in writing to the details below.
- 9.2 If we have a dispute regarding an individual’s Personal Information, we both must first attempt to resolve the issue directly between us.
- 9.3 If we become aware of any unauthorised access to an individual’s Personal Information we will inform them at the earliest practical opportunity once we have established what was accessed and how it was accessed.
10 - Contacting individuals
- 10.1 From time to time, we may send an individual important notices, such as changes to our terms, conditions and policies. Because this information is important to the individual’s interaction with us, they may not opt out of receiving these communications.
11 - Your acceptance of these terms
- 11.1 By using this Site, you signify your acceptance of this policy. If you do not agree to this policy, please do not use Blink. Your continued use of Blink following the posting of changes to this policy will be deemed your acceptance of those changes.
- 11.2 We may modify this Policy from time to time to reflect changes in our privacy practices. If we make any material changes to this Policy, we will notify you by contacting you through our services or by posting a notice on our website - or by some combination of these methods. In circumstances where you have not provided us with your contact information, we encourage you to periodically review the website for the latest information on our privacy practices.
12 - Contacting us
Last updated on Jan 29, 2019